PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horrible roster Again and no leave !!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 18:00
ektrazz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its just every month non stop !
When I dont have a day off between 2 LR flights of which both are through the night while i am still recovering from my US jetlag it becomes hard.

Invest in a fitbit and see how bad your sleep really is .You can have graphs on your phone and you will just be shocked.

People may argue and say leave if you dont like it , which is true . But one ,its not what i signed up for ,years ago. I signed a good contract which was i could sustain till retirement . Two I dont have days off to go to another interview ! And C the flights are jam packed , so also not possible.

I am doing over 90 hrs this month and I did not include my 2 midnight sim slots or ground school day. I signed up to be paid extra after 78 hrs , but some English leech in the office sending out emails about **** flight bags pockets the money we all work hard for .

I dont have any leave in the 2014 cycle only some 10 days next year . I signed up to have 42 days of leave , at least 30 days in a row and every second year summer or xmas . Once again that gone , all i see is leave rejected all the time.

No off days , I signed up that in top bid you can at least have 14 days in a row and this way you could at least see you family or something back home , now max 3 days in a row.

Asked in a wash up , why could we not then at least have 2 anual leave tickets seeing that the flights are so full and our leave is such a mess. The answer ... Not in the company s interest ... Nice .

So we take away your over time every month .. stealing in other words a few thousand DHS off all the guys , Cannot really go home as flights are so full.

People get into depression here and its not healthy on families as you are always tired (for no reward) hence more snappy .. Many pilots are being caught drinking and i feel sorry for these guys as they feel depressed and looking for a desperate escape .
Looking back I am so angry at myself for coming here .All the lies ,all the penny pinching on our backs.

What a sad unhappy place this has become . Even new guys i fly with cannot believe the mistake they have made.
Good luck out there and fly safe .