PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - B737
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2002, 10:00
Stealth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was always on a lookout for a better deal, so Continental’s offer was the best and I signed the contract with them. I spent hours over the past few months researching the facts and decided that my training should be done in two or three stages. This is the best solution that secures both the quality and thoughtful management of mine financial resources.. .Why would I pay thousands of pounds for the training in UK or with the CSA? Before they obtained their TRTO approval they were very competitive. Can they provide better training than Continental? Do not think so. They switched to western made a/c just 8 years ago.. .I succeeded to organise my line training with at list 5 airlines (Europe and Africa). I do not want to comment about that except to say that I spent hours on the phone talking to various training managers. Anyone can do that. I want to dismiss some comments from various people here implying that we are working for free. I can ensure you that none of these airlines who offered the line training had even tried to propose such an arrangement. In all cases their f/o would be present in the cockpit in the jump seat. Therefore I am buying my training, nothing immoral about that.. .I have already converted my Australian licences in one of the countries that are not full JAA members and a FAA rating would be added to it.. .The best way to achieve 500 hours on a 737 is to do 250 hours with each airline or maybe 3 airlines.. . . . <small>[ 28 March 2002, 13:32: Message edited by: Stealth ]</small>