PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seaplane landings England legal?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2014, 15:53
dwadda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the new amphibious LSA's such as the Icon A5 and the Akoya coming available soon (well at least the A5), it would be really good to get some clarity on whether it would be worthwhile getting one.

I've found a house that we might buy that is on a lake, but it doesn't own the bank nor the lake (it's actually a modest house). A risk that I'm willing to take is that landing/taking off won't cause offence, and it won't cause any damage to the lake. The bank itself is inaccessible to whomever owns it, so I was thinking of cheekily making a temporary slip of stones and gravel so that the plane can be garaged on the house's property.

I think one concession that needs to be volunteered (I feel) is to offer to pay reasonable landing fees to the appropriate land owners. Reasonable wouldn't be much, say £10 which is what you'd pay to land on a grass field. Perhaps if there was a UK seaplane association that would administer the (annual) collection and payment of landing fees (based on log books), and could approach right-holders on behalf of all members so there was a list of approved landing sites...

Ah, such a pipe dream..