OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates in August

Here is my offering.

Data from the CAA, libhomeradar, The EK source and planespotters.net

The August load factor was actually higher according to my calculations = 85%

You can read this in one of two ways: -

1) Very good as 85% is higher than 78% or
2) Bad, as the flight was downgraded 14 times in terms of seats in a traditionally strong month (probably an upgrade for actually passengers travelling on the 3-class)

My calculations are:

34 rotations on the two class 428 seat version = 14552
16 rotations on the three class 360 seat version =5760
10 rotations on the three class 354 seat version = 3540
2 rotations on the two class 346 version (B772ER) = 692

Total = 24544 which when divided by 20831 is 85%.

How does this compare to others, Glasgow was actually down but still averaged 90% but all 354/360 seat versions.

Manchester, BHX and Manchester (93% & 94% respectively) either saw monthly records or were close. BHX saw all 428 seat aircraft, Gatwick saw 15 x 428 seat versions in a an enormous figure of over 76K and Manchester saw a few 428 seat versions.

Comparing Newcastle to the other UK routes of course is unfair as they are more mature routes and probably totally pointless without the yield data but still some food for thought.

EK77WNCL

I am not sure why the surprise at the IT long-haul load factors - what were you expecting? I would expect at least 95-98% all year round and even then I wouldn't get that excited without knowing at what price those seats were filled at.

Dusseldorf/Frankfurt

It won't take long to get a good idea of how strong Dusseldorf really is once Germanwings have been operating it for a while. The change from Lufthansa to Germanwings on BHX - Berlin destroyed the route and it was gone within six months. Hamburg has fared a little better and BHX is lucky as it has flybe on Dusseldorf.

As for Frankfurt it will need to be at least twice a day code-share to fit into the LH hub and for O & D business and have BMIR got the aircraft spare and willing to risk it?

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 21st Sep 2014 at 10:23. Reason: spelling