PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYBE in to the black,but at what cost !!
Old 18th May 2003, 03:39
puddle-jumper2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RD,

You remind me of an abused but loyal dog. It's master has pulled through the poor job climate and is still earning enough money to feed it daily but also gives it a good kicking every now and then.

....and my point is..... Just because you feed an animal doesn't give you the right to abuse it !

Firstly I fully understand what you are saying regarding Jim turning the airline around, I too am glad to still have a job and also do not have a great desire to work for Easy. Unfortunately it doesn't help matters when we hear rumours that the latest BALPA pay claim was ignored by Jim right up to the last minute and then only looked for a total of 15mins during the pay negotiation meetings before basically being ignored again.
As for the comment Re. communication and us contacting him - surely it is the job of a manager to motivate his/her staff which involves communication for him/her to their staff, not the other way round. You may well have a much better insight into the mind of our beloved leader than we do but perhaps that is because as management yourself, it is your job to communicate with him.

Come on JF, do us all a favour and give that dog a bone !