PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Defence Force?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2014, 10:37
Offshore Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up Beagle ??, why the vitriol ??, did you come home one day to find a Scotsman hanging onto the back of your wife and dangling his 1250 in front of her so she could see what he looked like ??

I am a Scot, a so called "inbred" as you call us and while reading your comments I smiled. You dont anger me, you amuse me. Because I bet while playing the Internet Warrior you wouldn't have the guts to say that to anyone's face would you ?? .. You remind me of a certain Flt Lt I worked with on my last tour. He had a thing about disliking us Scots, he was very vocal about it and on more than one occasion pulled rank to do it. He took particular pleasure in mocking my daughters Scottish christian name. A few years after I left I was invited back to a social function and met up with a lot of old mates, but here was said Flt Lt, still using his rank to be a git. During a discussion he made a few digs at me, his finale was to call me a "Porridge Wog". At that point he was gripped by the neck, dragged outside by the windpipe and I quietly explained to him that I now outranked him, I outearned him, I drove a better car, was better looking with more hair and my other half didn't look like the back end of a bus decorated with a face like a bulldog licking urine off nettles. I then reminded him if he made another comment like that I would be out of prison long before he left the hospital. At least he had the stones to say it to people's faces. Unlike you. I'll bet, for all your mouth, you would struggle to fight sleep.

You are thankfully a rarity, clearly one of the officers us lowly "Didn't try hard enough at school" types followed through curiosity. I see myself as a Scot because my mother was Scottish and I was born here. But my father was English so I am the full on Brit if you like. And I do see myself as British and that's why I voted No this morning because for all our faults and disagreements together we are greater than the sum of our parts. However I feel ashamed I share a heritage with a full on brain donor like you.

PS .. I think VC-10's are crap and my heroes in life are Buccaneer pilots who passed the OCU.