PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2014, 05:18
GSOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Normunds_k

Putin yielding to the mounting press asked his MoD to 'say something'.
This something can have any meaning or even can have no meaning at all (just to report to Putin 'done'). The part relating to Ukrainian air defense looks pretty solid. The other parts don't convince. There is the failed attempt of video geolocating which looks like they introduced social networks's version into the briefing intact at the moment when it is not yet completed(verified). The part about the deviation from the planned route is true in general despite the strange picture. All that can be just an instinctive reply to the western media narrative 'there-was-the-one-with-a-thing-he-is-guilty-in-the-rape' with 'there-was-another-guy-with-a-thing'.

The most crucial part is about Su-25 in which i'm not sure because they possibly tried to reflect the known as existed at that moment ground observers's accounts and nothing more (as in the geolocating part). But if it was a meaningful message based on known but yet not unveiled facts then the question arises. What do they mean?
If it is an air-to-air attack then why they selected the least fitted type of Ukrainian Air forces? If they hint on something else then what can it be?
I see only one fitting scenario which implies that the Russian Buk fires at a military aircraft and missile retargets of which Buk is known as able. There were accounts from rebels that Ukraine adopted this tactic to fly below civilian planes. This case implicates BOTH parties as guilty.

I have nothing to say about ICAO instead MAK. May be they are already sure that it will give nothing decisive.