PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 16:48
anonymousdefender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You constantly claim that the TELAR was in the autonomous mode pointing to the lack of mentions about the acquisition radar 9S18 in the Russian MoD's briefing.
on July 17 we detected increased activity of Ukrainian radars 9S18 Kupol-M1 of the Buk missile system - briefing of MoD
Do you see on this map 9S18 radar which detected near launch site?
Then TELAR used autonomous mode, if MoD dont detected ukrainian 9S18.
Also MoD can prefer dont show separatists 9S18 working radar.
Choose one of variant.
FYI Russia since Soviet times has at area ATC centers 2(two) parts called sectors. The civilian one and the military one. What the military sector can see the civilian one may not. The video was from the screen of civilian sector of Rostov center. And it was clearly stated on the briefing (in Russian... i didn't follow for the English translator) 'Rostov area center of United System of Air Traffic Control'. This 'United System' is NOT the air defense (though they are integrated).
FYI in 1998 General Staff ordered to Air Defense troops accept information Air Traffic radar posts.
But it can acquire and track military ones. Something contradictory in you view about TELAR. I think you missed the word 'exercise' in my statement you answered to.
Please provide SHEDULE OF EXERCISE for SA-11! I wanna see how good you know about it and what parts and how used during exercises.
If you REALLY know SA-11 then you can do it. Common!
The Buk's operator sees the speed in exact numbers not as a bar in some computer games.
FYI BUK operator see RADIAL SPEED of target which differ from TRUE AIRSPEED. Another point against your knowledge in radars.
The trained crew would wait because they must have the notion about civilian air traffic.
FYI trained crew dont open fire without CONFIRMATION from Command Vehicle (which connected to 9S18 radar). Can you provide information how SA-11 record all operations manned by personnel?
P.S. Im still wait how operator can change target during missile flight - button on panel pls or whatever! Your friends on forum which used SA-11 easy can show it for you. And i have much more question about plane crossing MH17. I will fired it after button lol.