PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question for employers
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2014, 05:59
aviator703

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A question for employers

Hello everyone, I have my recreational certificate (with all endorsements) and am doing a PPL conversion (with the goal of a CPL). I've been talking with my instructor about where I should be putting my money, whether I spend the next 100 hours in a 172, or get a recreational instructor rating and do a few of the 100 hours I have left to go instructing, and the rest in the 172. My (GA) instructor has made the good point that employers tend to disregard any RA hours. I am currently doing some (minor) RA instructor training since its something else I will have in my arsenal when I start looking for work, and was also planning to use it to make my CPL hour building just that little bit cheaper. But my question is what you as employers look for in potential employees? Do you look for the number of hours in a particular aircraft or the ratings a pilot has (eg MECIR or instructor)? Essentially I'm looking for where I should be spending my money based on how it will help me in the future. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!