PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying school loses my PPL examination records - what to do?
Old 15th Sep 2014, 13:35
keith williams

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
It is unfair to label them as some sort of special case in there method of dealing with the exams.
Sorry MJ, I have read this entire thread several times and I cannot find any post which labels this school as a special case.

As I said in one of my previous posts, there are probably many schools out there with student records systems that do not comply with the CAA Standards Documents. But this is not a reason for hiding cases where poor recording causes problems for students.

Schools with poor recording systems are clearly not going to improve things simply because the CAA have issued Standards Documents. And the CAA auditors are clearly incapable of detecting these problems. But one or two embarrassing threads here on pprune just might cause some of them to sharpen up their acts.

Looking at the winder picture, it is interesting to note that while these dreadful recording problems continue, the CAA GA Working Group are devoting their energies to more important matters such as reducing the number of exams from 9 to 6, without actually improving any of the questions.

Iceberg? What iceberg? Hmmmm Now where exactly is the best place for these deckchairs?