PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryaniair FO Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2014, 08:42
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabair 351

Its all about the training department my friend. They are closing in on max production. 6 sims spread across 3000 odd pilots plus a thinning level of trainers both in the sim and on the line. More training positions advertised, but they will need to be trained too. Yes, the focus area will always be the left seat but as others have said, the right is a bit sparse too. For a variety of reasons there is a focus on DECs. It doesn't take too much prodding to reveal why. The big 'from the line' rumour is they are going to open up UK bases for DECs as the Morocco, Southern Italy and Greece option wasn't a big hit. Only a rumour so I have no authority on it, but it HAS been done before. Can't see how this will stem the tide as I personally know half a dozen skippers awaiting assessments and start dates with other airlines.

Not sure what their plans are for the right seat, however I would see a mixture of experience and zero experience cadet as the planned option. Basings will be the usual Russian Roulette. Wait it out but if something else comes along then...

All my opinion. You'll get there though. Best of luck