PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Germania - Cockpit4U Assessment
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2014, 03:23
Flying4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read the comments in this thread and somehow feel obliged to give a response after seeing the replies. Keep in mind that I have first hand experience from loads of people working there.

First of all P40Warhawk you are so right: P2F is destroying chances for normal paying jobs and is also destroying T&C for pilots the coming years. Not that it will stop the ones wanting to get a LHS as soon as possible. Who cares that in 5-10 years they will be flying loads of hours in a hectic ever changing roster for peanuts. Oh wait these people believe to land a highly paid job after having paid for flying in the next years!! Well guess again that will change because of the likes of you. Anyway that is my professional opinion about P2F.

Now back to the scheme offered according to some of the repliers in this topic. Yes one can buy a LHS at Germania and get some sort of payment for it during the contract period. Why do people name it payment?? You are paying a piece back from your own money (or the banks money or your parents). Furthermore no way you will be flying 50 hrs every month during 15 months. During the winter period it will be a lot less. It is just the way for them to make your own paid service legal. No contract means not legal to be on their plains as staff.

One thing I still don't understand after flying more than 4000 hrs is why a lot of people don't do more research before getting themselves involved in these scheme's. I even want to go further.. Why did you ever let yourself be tricked by the flying schools that the jobs would be for the grabbing? I know you have/had a dream. Yes I understand that you want to fly after your education. Why now do you want to destroy the dream of loads of your fellow flying colleagues and yourself within the next coming years? Once I made the decision to become pilot I already knew that my chances were slim and yes I also decided to take my chance. I had to wait more than a year after landing my first paying job and I still think I was lucky. After several years I even lost my first job because of the crisis. Now after 2 years I finally got another PAYING job. That took 3 things experience, patience and some luck. Never it came to mind to degrade myself to P2F. This brings me back to my mentioned TT. Why do most people even now still think that with 500 hrs on type (or even 1000) and with 700-1200 hrs TT the jobs are for the picking? Have you ever looked at the number of carriers that accept pilots with that kind of hours? Very very few to none and in the current market loads of people with thousands of hours on type are also in line for places with those carriers. Why? Because there are to many. If you think I'm wrong I dare you to name the carriers you think will accept you! Even with my hours the carriers that reply are rare!

Germania is indeed using this to obtain loads of free workforce and because of it can afford to not provide security for hard working non-P2F in regard to contracts. The few contracts that are given now have terrible T&C. Loads of paying people to take their place (in fact the waiting list is over 125 people!!! ). And why do you think your non paying colleagues have no respect for you? On the other hand I can understand Germania. It's all about making money... Until the first mayor incident/accident happens! P2F means that also people who are not suited to fly loads of passengers in the start of their career are accepted. Before I hear stories about bull****.. For fact there are people who received extra training of 200 hrs (besides the 100 standard hours) before being cleared for line training. Well they paid so... .