PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 20:41
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just adding to that PR piece re 8% increase

Bosses believe the success is a sign that passengers are becoming more aware of the routes on offer from Manchester - and that more people from across the whole of the north of England are taking advantage.

It comes as owner MAG prepares to invest in a new push to promote its airports.

This will include the extension of the ‘Fly Manchester’ campaign to win back the 4m passengers from its catchment area who travel to other airports when they could access the same routes direct from Manchester.

Launching later this month with a mix of outdoor advertising, newspaper adverts, radio promotions and online activity, it will promote Manchester as an option for long haul flights across Birmingham, Stoke, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Leeds and Bradford.

It will also push itself as the low cost airport option across Merseyside, St Helens, Warrington and Wigan.

all damn good news although they will have to start thinking about extending pretty soon unless they can cram additional pax into the 10am-4pm slot.
Using social media there is a massive opportunity to influence potential INBOUND passengers, its seldom mentioned !

BUT on a theme Flybe very aware with feed onto Finnair one way and inbound transfers to 10 other regional airports thru MAN the other, the CEO does seem to have turned that business around !

With news that RYR are talking about a major office set up in Manchester as well, for once i'm struggling to find a negative, although I will respond skip when I get time !

Last edited by Bagso; 11th Sep 2014 at 21:06.