PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Defence Force?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 17:31
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Tayside aviation and the Air Training Corps

So, on the understanding that in the event of a yes vote, the Air Training Corps (ATC) will close and all the assets of the Air Cadet Organisation (ACO) including the three Volunteer Gliding School aircraft will all be withdrawn south to the rUK (unless, of course, agreement is made in that the aircraft will become the core of the new Sc A F.) in addition, the permanent members of staff at the Scotland and Northern Ireland region HQ in Edinburgh will either be made redundant or be offered a posting to a new Northern Ireland region HQ. That's 84 Squadrons, with, say, thirty cadets each totalling about 2500 cadets, and about six or so adult staff in each sqn. That's about 500 staff. Add to this the Army and Sea Cadets and it looks like a large swathe of the youth and adult volunteers in Scotland are about to be royally shafted. Oh! I nearly forgot, I suspect that Tayside Aviation may be similarly shafted, as there ain't gonna be no cadets to train. (For info: I was a cadet from 1963 - 67, RAF from 69-91' ATC adult staff from 91 - 08 incl 12 yrs as CGI on Vigilants. (A very stealthy ac!)