PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2014, 18:58
Karel_x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed indicated on primary radar is radial speed. When sharply climbing, IAS can be much higher. Its is quite normal (by my experience - in times of military service I worked on primary radar). From blip on the screen, type of a/c can not be determine (Su-25/MiG-29 etc). But if it is military plane, it is equipped with special coding transponder, so Russian air defence can distinguish Ukraine military plane.

It is quite interesting, that investigators omit this official information. I don't know if this unknown plane is involved in accident. But it is the only primary radar information available. If investigators consider it not credible enough they should say so.

For me, radar plot is much more credible then pictures from "v_kontakte". I saw too much fakes there... Too much... We heard fake audiofile of rebels "radio communication" (with different timestamps inside pakets), fake wideofile of Buk without one rocket (took in town that was taken by Ukraine army from April) etc. I can easy fabricate any similar "evidence" by one hour. I can hardly believe that the SAR vas launched an there was no witnesses of terrible noise of its rocket engine...

Dnipro and Rostov radars are probably only secondary radars and military planes can not be seen there.

The accident is very politicised and it is impossible to distinguish little pieces of true in mountains of lies.

Last edited by Karel_x; 10th Sep 2014 at 19:11.