PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2014, 10:25
anonymousdefender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When people think plane must burn after missile hit they think wrong, because it ONE of possible action, but NOT NECESSARY. Often video and photos when target blow up of start buring make with next limits, which wrong for MH17:
1. target is military a/c (mostly jet fighters) - that mean it very compact target full of fuel and ammo and hydraulic/freeze liquids which very flammable
2. old video with Vietnam contain old missiles like SA-2 which have radio-command line and RADIO COMMAND fuse!
3. It mean massive warhead detonating on big distance from target (depend from error of guide radar) and spread alot of strike elements (up to a few dozen thouthands) in all directions or almost all. So when strike elements from big distance meet target they hit almost all target surface (except cause when missile chasing target or fly directly into target - then elements hit mostly aft area with engines so they burn).
In cause of MH17 if missile was 9M38M1 from SA-11 then only nose part of plane (cabin) was penetrated by strike elements because 9N314 generate round field of elements in sector area. Only a few (non-system) elements and parts of missile (nose part with radar/fuse and aft part with engine, also debris from corspe of missile in warhead area and close to it) can shot other parts of plane. Many photo contain very specific area of damage so possible it SA-11.
Strike elements of SA-11 have cube, cuboid and I-beam cuboids.
It very easy to see on my imgur picture
When i seen CNN video i found one specific hole - it definitely cuboid sign of SA-11.

Last edited by anonymousdefender; 10th Sep 2014 at 11:30.