PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2014, 19:37
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed MAN is now by some margin FR's second largest UK base after STN. One does have to think if there is some sort of deal between FR and the entire MAG portfolio of airports as I believe this is followed by EMA in 3rd (certainly through summer schedules) and of course they are the dominant carrier in BOH as well.

As it stands with based aircraft:

LPL seems to lose 1 through much of next summer except in August when it's the same as this year.

...Same goes for BHX.

PIK is down 1 but compensated by GLA base (and more than compensated in terms of weekly flights).

EDI is the same as this year but an increase in flights, just like MAN.

BRS gains an aircraft but that doesn't really equate to any increase in flights as it stands.

STN, despite the strong growth, to my knowledge is actually a few aircraft down with more flying done from aircraft based overseas. I would almost guarantee new routes between now and April for STN though so could balance out.

BOH, EMA, LBA and LTN still to come. They are not looking too bad at all for the UK next year considering its early days. Let's hope MAN and the UK as a whole does see further aircraft being based here now that the new deliveries are coming in.