PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Emergency Landing at East Midlands
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2014, 12:56
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm fortunate enough not to have gone through it, but an emergency evac is one of the things I worry about when on a flight. Who's in what seats between me and the exit. How is the 120lb 5' flight attendant going to deal with the 7' 300lb idiot going the wrong way?

But from videos (who the hell thinks that's a good time to make a video?), one of the most asinine things is the flight attendants screaming. That to me induces an air of panic. It's one thing to give out an authoritative order in a loud manner, quite another to scream. Is this just the FA's panicking themselves, or is that the training? What's the aim of it? It's concerning to me that people will give undue attention to a seemingly panicked FA rather than their full attention to exiting the aircraft in an orderly, expeditious manner, following plain, authoritative instructions.

It reminds me of the TSA loons shouting at no-one in particular in a condescending voice. Gives the air of an uncontrolled operation. It worries me that this is officially "OK".