PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Defence Force?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2014, 11:51
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burritto

I don't disagree with your points about who serves with who and those that wish to serve in a Scottish Armed Forces will, I'm sure, be given the opportunity to transfer - although, don't forget many have "signed up" to serve the UK Armed Forces for a set period of years and may (I don't know - I don't think anyone knows....) be forced to leave under PVR terms should they wish to transfer (as does anyone who transfers to a commonwealth armed force) at any time other than at the end of their "contract". Exigencies of the Service or something like it I believe.

But in the interim period servicemen and women will no doubt have to "do as they are told". Those who definitely do not wish to serve in the Scottish Armed Forces are unlikely to have the option to 'move south' straight away and should the MOD decide to start relocating forces south, or cancel Germany redeployments north, then there will be cries of 'foul'. You can also guarantee that a lot of the planned refurbishment/upgrade budget assigned to Scottish military bases (or at least 92% of it) will be put on hold until the size and scale of any future Scottish Armed Force has been decided.

Oh, and as one final small hand grenade - in which country is the Joint Personnel Administration Centre (the people who will co-ordinate a lot of the post-split re-org) based.....