PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2014, 22:02
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if easyJet come in and mop up the routes Monarch are dropping next year...

They already serve Corfu, but we might see the frequencies increase on that, currently at four times a week...

I wonder if we might see them try and operate Antalya and Bodrum, maybe on like a twice weekly schedule. Antalya is only flown from Gatwick, so might be an opportunity and Bodrum from Stansted and Gatwick.

Turkey is now nearly as popular a summer destination as Spain and seeing these two routes missing from Summer 2015 airport schedule is quite a shame.

There is always AtlasJet too! Im sure there have been rumours on here for a while of them adding Antalya.

Lets not be all too dissapointed by the Summer 2015 schedule so far, it is only bookable until 2015 with easyJet, from what I can see. When they try new routes from the airport, they have previously only operated them for the peak season, June to September.

We might also be drip fed any new routes over the coming months, they usually try to get the exisiting routes on sale first, and any new routes could take to be announced from now right up until February time. Only some of the new Winter routes were announced no sooner than four months before they are due to commence.