PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 12:16
songbird29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that my confidence in dutch safety board is absolute - certainly not after the Faro court case.
I might add the Tenerife case of the seventies where the Dutch report gave maximum protection to the captain of the home fleet aircraft. Team Resource Management was introduced after the Tenerife accident but not as a follow-up on the Dutch investigation report. The American NTSB had a more constructive role.

Also the Hercules crash at Eindhoven (1996) where the (military) ATCO got nearly all the blame. The accusation against him was that he had not informed the fire brigade of the number of pax as stated in the FPL - as if the first thing an ATCO does in an emergency is leafing through a heap of administrative papers at the Flight Information Office. Poor fellow, next to the victims his life was ruined as well. I think he was not well defended by his superiors, one of whom was later on tacitly removed from his job, by the way. IMHO, thinking about it, his case should be reconsidered, as a judicial error.

I agree it is too early to judge, but I hope that the MH017 report on CVR conversation will contain enough details to prevent or in any case to counter conspiracy theories.