PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Airlines straight away or bush flying
Old 29th Aug 2014, 12:44
RedBullGaveMeWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SheepPilot
Hello All,

The time has come to start my training to become a pilot. Now what I'm stuck on is two things:

Flight Training School
Commercial Airlines straight away or bush flying?

Now I understand the costs and thanks to me and my parents saving I've acquired money to start flight training. Now I'm wondering do I just get a CPL or ATPL and fly for a smaller company and trying my look at finding a job doing some bush flying in Africa? Asia? or Northern America?

Or do I try and get onto a programme where I might get a job flying Jets?

I'd like to know your opinions and what you think are good flight schools? I know about CTC, oxford etc...

Thanks
Forget about Northern America if you don't hold a Green Card or are not a Canadian or American citizen, that's just not gonna happen.

As I have understood, you yet have to start flying, so what I would suggest is that you apply to the various MPL programs around - the likes of British Airways Future Pilot, Etihad, Qatar Airways and so on.

In Europe you get a "Frozen" ATPL which is nothing else than a simple CPL with ATPL exams already passed. Once you have logged 1500 TT hours and at least 500 hours on multi-crew aircraft it will become a full ATPL.

Whether you want to fly for airlines, corporate departments, executive or fractionate companies, flight instructing, aerial work or bush flying doesn't depend on CPL and ATPL.

I suggest you first try to apply to a MPL scheme or cadet scheme and then see what happens. If you get in, you almost have no worries about your future job, otherwise you will have to go though the old self-improver route, where nothing is assured.