PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transferable skills ?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2003, 21:03
ukhomerj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the request of Miss Aeroflirt

Now I would like to make it perfectly clear, 100%, with no ambiguities, this is tongue firmly in cheek and nowhere else.

So please check your sense of humour quotient before responding with your barbed attacks.
Here goes:

1. Telling people where the fire exits are, and that all buildings are different, so even though you are a frequent user of building, please note the nearest exit, it mat be behind you. - Receptionist.

2. Walking backwards with a trolley – tea lady

3. Tea or coffee with the Big Mac meal – Restaurant server

4. Being able to open up a dinghy and get in it – Cowes yacht week demonstrator

5. Being able to open up a life vest – Cowes yacht week demonstrator

6. First aid training, always useful. Never forget it - No comment.

7. Saying hello 300 times day – Welcomer at Disney Store

8. Second language – very usefull when pretending you are not English when the yobs fall of the planes drunk and fight in the baggage hall.

9. Being able to apply your war paint in a cramped toilet in turbulence and dousing yourself in the most horrid perfume that would kill the SARS virus at a thousand yards– Make up and perfume sprayer in Dept Store.

10. Bar skills – Always useful on a Saturday night, dealing with us drunk punters. So says the barmaid in our local, " I used to be a Britannia stewardess you know" . Really, well walk backwards to the bar, and get me another Scotch and Coke please, luvvy.

I sit back and wait for the counter attack.

PS If anyone does want to send me their CV, I will be honoured to offer helpfull hints and suggestions.