PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Go or Not to Go
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2003, 17:50
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tan:

You are quite right, I was not on either of the flight decks. If I had been present then the parking brake would not have been released.

Perhaps I should explain that looking at what makes pilots tick is what I am paid for. I take pilots right through the simulator course from Ex.1 up to and including LST (Type Rating). I conduct Proficiency checks (OPC/LPC) and teach LOFT.

In the aircraft, I conduct Base Training, Line Training and Line Checks. I am constantly looking at the decision making process and trying to understand it and hopefully point pilots in the right direction.

There was no way that yesterday's Cb in question could have been avoided. It was right off the upwind end of the runway.

Now I have no responsibility for the crews concerned yesterday but we did have a very similar scenario at our base quite recently. Not one of our company pilots went flying and departures ceased for about 20 minutes. Had one of them done so, I would have been interested in hearing why taking on what I consider to be totally unquantifiable problems is better than being 20 minutes late.