PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rating on 6 seater single engine
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2014, 11:31
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really, this is just arguing semantics. As is well- documented,70 years ago, it was common practice for a young lady to jump into a massively powerful single taildragger, read the Pilot's notes and set off on a delivery......then it might be a twin, a four-engined bomber or even , possibly an open-cockpit bi-plane.
The vast majority of these self -taught heroines and heroes survived the war unscathed!
It has also to be remembered that some of these machines had less than benign handling -characteristics.

I am certainly not advocating this as an ideal route to learning to fly a specific type. It would be a real fool who, with very limited experience, ignores the pool of wisdom available and sets off to make all the mistakes for himself. Such fools do exist....well, for a short while,anyway
I would be very wary of stepping into a multi-seat aircraft with a newly qualified, inexperienced pilot..,, I'm sure there would be a marked difference in handling 6-up compared with solo It is also unfair on both the pax and the pilot to attempt this until the experience is there.
just my opinion, of course.