PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rating on 6 seater single engine
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2014, 09:46
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
True, and of course anybody flying a single seater for the first time has no choice in the matter.

But, from personal experience, I normally find I need to spend 2-4 times as long reading my way into a single seater (or aeroplane for which there's no instructor available). There's also plenty of anecdotal evidence of problems caused by PPLs who aren't instructors doing checkouts.

Plus, frankly Adam, you are trying to tell a new (not even that yet) PPL that he should follow gash substandard practices that will significantly increase his chances of an accident.

Basic aeronautical realities are:-

(1) A new PPL would be most sensible to get some reasonable experience before trying to fly something significantly bigger than they've learned in, particularly with more than a couple of passengers.

(2) Nobody but an idiot would allow such a pilot to fly such an aeroplane without training on type. Insurers are likely to insist upon it. A sensible PPL will make quite sure that he gets that training.

(3) Differences training is required for the list already posted (by you Adam). This is not optional.

G

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 26th Aug 2014 at 10:30.