PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2014, 11:03
alby2000

AAI

Just few personal thoughts on the subject. Air Atlanta is one of the largest ACMI operators with basically one only big customer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

They have been in business for more than two decades and one of the reasons is their capability to adapt to a very harsh environment with constantly changing priorities. Their secret recipe is a bit of Icelandic "can do" attitude, their stamina, all mixed with the contractors' flexibility.

The permanent staff are on a different contract and they need that to support the operations in times of low season. When things pick up, they call the mercenaries back, which allow the company to inflate and deflate as quickly as the Customer requires. It is not really their fault, it's really the nature of the operation they run.

Sure I agree the company lacks a bit of human touch, but on the contrary you know from day 0 that you are only a contractor and what you see on the contract is what you get with no surprises. In more than 2 years with AAI, I never had to chase them once for money.
On the contrary and in no particular order, Training, destinations, manuals, ground staff, accommodation, IT they are excellent and all go in the plus side for me.

The only reason why I left was job stability as I needed a more steady cash flow and could not afford the ups and downs of the contracting job, but I have only good memories of my time there with still lots of friends also among the Vikings.
Just my two cents on the topic.
Alby