PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle
Thread: Carlisle
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 02:41
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiw long is tge runway going to be?. Can it Acceot Tge E170 or E190?
Ir even 737,600.
And what routes might be Viable.
Glasgow and Edinburgh are out of the question as they are too close, Unless they plan on doing An 'Aer Aran Islands, Conemara - Inishmore and the other aran islands). ,as a side note at Conemara when I was there out fkight was delayed slightly. In 45 mins i counted 7 take offs and landings.
Plus its just as busy on Inishmore.
Anyway the point if tgstvtale is, Is there a market for realky short intercity flights like they had years agio and like The Aer Arran Islands ops. (Thecreal original Aer Aran). Related ti the one just biught by stobart.
But coukd it work to operate 'Shuttke fkights' Using small Aircraft to the larger airports like Manchester.
Perhaos a J31. Or something.
I see Carlisle airport msybe if that runway is long enough, attracting incoming germsn and ither EU tourist flights . But agsin zi dont know if thats going to be possible.
I reckon within a short while of ipening , Youl see more routes and operators.
What routes do you guys think may be viable from there?.
Though if Scotland gets its way then tgsts going to be The UK's most Northely sirport. In which case id go fir expansion to take 737/A320 and try temo as much traffic from Edinburgh and Especially Glasgow. As there after battking the M8 uts nearly quicker to get to Carlisle.
Anyway excellent news . Is there a Website for it ?