PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP Training - Basic Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2014, 10:09
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTN11
I pity your students. I could sit in a classroom for 7 hours teaching about VP props and retractable gear, asymmetric power theory, performance comparisons between single engine, multi engine, and multi engine operating on one engine, and I'd only be scratching the surface.
I could spend even more time than that in the classroom, would I be teaching the student anything they needed to know to fly a twin safely? I'd have to say no.

Perhaps you guys have a different syllabus but a lot of that stuff is covered in our Principles of Flight and Aircraft Technical Knowledge subjects. Even if you don't teach it this way I'd be very hard pressed to spend more than couple of hours explaining stuff like, "VP props and retractable gear, asymmetric power theory, performance comparisons between single engine, multi engine, and multi engine operating on one engine" to the standard needed for a multi engine endorsement.

If it took longer than this either I'm explaining stuff that's not needed or I don't know my subject matter very well or I'm doing a piss poor job of putting it across.