PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2014, 09:48
Tony the Tiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s been an interesting read this thread but I’ve now put 2 and 2 together.

You’ve been a fool and didn’t listen. Good luck fighting the Virgin group. Your first priority should have been to get your licence back – not slander your employer on here. While you probably are drug free, you will fail in any endeavour to get any recompense. More fool the all the people (brother?) who are responsible for a media strategy rather than an industrial strategy. The moment this sordid story broke in the media, and the first person posting on here, your fate was sealed.

Blueskymine
It's about time we organised something through our unions to start a fighting/support fund similar to what we did for JE, If not to fight, at least to help the skipper concerned pay the mortgage and put food on the table until he is reinstated or finds his way.

Laurie, I know you are probably reading this. Is this something the AFAP can get involved with? VIPA? TWU?
The problem is, while his comrades joined up in numbers, 80% union membership I hear at the Tiger, he sat back and allowed everyone else to do the heavy lifting. I would bet my left nut that he tried to join up after the incident. Too many pilots want to join a union after they find themselves in a hole.

Try buying home insurance after your house burns down.