PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2014, 04:55
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What LCC engages in such practices?
A 'very close' relative is an A320 pilot with an Australian LCC, I won't go into further detail than that. On two seperate occasions he has been made to call the CP once at the gate, after missed approaches. He was on both occasions completely chewed out and lectured on the topic of additional delay times and additional fuel burn because of the go-arounds. On each occasion his call was based on safety, once for wind shear and once to avoid an aircraft which had incorrectly entered the rwy he was lined up for. On numerous other occasions he was pressured not to make entries into the tech log until after departing the turnaround destination so as to avoid having the aircraft MEL'd and grounded at a port where no Engineers were based. The aircraft was subsequently grounded upon return to the mainline port.
The 737 operator I fly for has not placed those pressures upon myself, so I have no complaint with them. I am very happy for those who haven't been put in this position, but it has and does happen. I won't even start to tell you what some Dash 8 operators are prepared to do for the sole purpose of circumventing rules and regulations just to make a quick buck, but it happens.