PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2014, 22:46
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll go with CJ here, subliminal distractions, the elements of uncertainty, fear and clandestine 'dislike' and distrust of 'the company' don't make for a healthy work environment. The undermining of moral on a flight line translates into one hole in the cheese which a CP should plug up.
Touché. The flight deck is the epicentre of safety. In my opinion the term 'sterile environment' is spot on. One does not need additional or unnecessary pressures or burdens such as "fear of job security", fear of reporting incidents, fear of writing up a problem in the tech log, fear of management screwing you over doing for your job properly which includes the refusal to depart with an aircraft that has an unsavoury technical issue, and the list continues. My point is that we need a return to the pre LCC days where pilots weren't bollocked for doing a go-around, or bollocked for taking an additional tonne of fuel, or bollocked for taking an extra 3 minutes on a turnaround to address a small issue that they felt could lead to a larger problem, where pilots were not seen as a burden on the companies bottom line but were respected for the fact that their skills prevent smoking holes which in turn prevents an airline going bankrupt