PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Week long flying trip in SW US and renter's insurance.
Old 15th Aug 2014, 23:11
czeslawsender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@dera: Thanks. It is Ocean Air Flight Services at Watsonville.

@AdamFrisch: Thanks for all the valuable tips. Yes, it is the one I'm thinking of. I did all my twin flying on the same make and model, so I am familiar with it - I do not want to have both unfamiliar plane and unfamiliar environment at the same time.
KHND is already my backup plan for KLAS, thanks for the hint.
On my way from L06 I was planning to through TRONA, then MOJAVE, then getting west, with quite early in the morning departure to avoid the heat. I also looked up the historical temperatures, and end of September looks much better in terms of the average temperatures than July or August. Do you think there could be a better way out?

@Straighten Up: Thanks for the tips! I already have my validation letter, and have scheduled an FSDO appointment, so I expect no surprises here.
I do have the paper copy of the VFR chart for Grand Canyon and I am familiar with the corridors. Tecnam P2006T is not pressurised and I do not expect it to have any oxygen installation, so I think the best I can do is to monitor the reactions and back off if necessary. Theroretically, the 11500ft should be safe, especially that the flight there will not take long. Thanks for the warning.

@Cusco: This is exactly my intention, I however are puzzled a bit with all those coverage options. What is the sensible level I should aim for? Can the FBOs insurer sue me for the total hull damage in case anything happens while there was no negligence on my side? If so, then the protection I should aim for is basically the one that covers the total replacement cost, while the max hull damage coverage in the table is $150.000, with the absurdly high cost (especially as for the 5 days trip).

@Katamarino: Thanks, this is very good to know. Is that cancellation right and the associated refund a general law that governs this area, or is it individually stated in the T&Cs of the insurance?