PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2014, 08:37
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question is why didn't Tigerair drug test the guy either straight after this alleged incident (in line with Tigerair and CASA policy) or when they first became aware he was a raving drug crazed Captain? That means that they knowingly and deliberately let members of the public be flown around the country by a Captain they knew was consuming illegal drugs. There's no getting around that point. The timing of the whole thing is so obvious it just doesn't pass the smell test. Why do you think Virgin are heading for the hills on this one? I sure would be.
There are witnesses to a Tigerair manager (who this Captain had run ins with) spreading rumours about him being a drug addict back to December 2012.
Why didn't Tigerair or CASA bring him in immediately and drug test him in line with CASA, Tigerair, DAMP legislation at tat time?
That means Tigerair knowingly allowed a drug addled Captain to fly their aircraft for 4-6 months then 3 weeks after he reported Tigerair's illegal and dangerous flight plans Tigerair decided the time was now right to tell the world they had a Captain flying their planes around who is in fact a drug addict. I can't see how Tigerair can get out of this one to be honest.
Good questions. Wonder if we can get Senator Xenophon interested in this sordid story? I am sure he too would like to know what Tiger and CASA's actions in all this amount to?