PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Macarthur 'Mac' Job
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2014, 07:23
ramp_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIP MAC

RIP Mac. A true gentleman. I came across his amazing books as a youngster who was interested in aviation at the local newsagents. 'Air crash' and 'Air disaster' are such good reads. I used to save up all my paper round dollars to buy those as a little tacker. Later I used to ride my bike to the local airport for a looksee and whilst pestering the flight instructors with questions and waiting around ogling at cessnas and pipers, I ran into the excellent 'crash comics'. I used to scour the various flying schools and aero clubs for them so I could stuff them down my jumper and cheese it out of there. Later again during flight training, I came across an old ragged copy of 'the old and the bold' at an old secondhand book store. What a great collection of war stories what was! And later still after my training was complete I managed to have a chat with him down at the local airport.. a week before I packed up to head north for my first gig. He had some wonderful sage advice for me. To this day i'll thumb through his wonderful books and find something new in there. The man was a treasure.