PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2014, 10:34
ATNotts

Received 289 Likes on 162 Posts
Bagso

Assuming you are in Nottingham , you are by MAGs own figures "IN" the Manchester catchment area
I am, and right next to a MAG airport which does diddly squat for the local business community that it serves; instead pampering to the leisure / loco passenger business. In fairness that's probably because BHX serves the greater Midlands better with business services and the legacy carriers have no interest in diluting the market. Does a fantastic job for cargo / integrators too!!! I think also that MAG believes most of the UK north of the M25 to be in their "catchment" area.

Manchester Airport's management is not there to promote tourism, nor is it there to promote commerce in the Northwest. There are bodies, such as the tourism organisations and chambers of commerce along with politicians that do that.
You're right I missed that - we agree there!!!

The India forum last week 40 plus organisations from the NWest but no reference to Manchester Airport actually being there, maybe they were but there profile was hardly prominent....

....maybe we trade with India by using taxi or even train as opposed to plane ?
They didn't need to as BHX will be daily from DEL from November and Manchester / the Northwest is also in the BHX catchment area. We don't need regional airports scrapping between each other for business to that extent.