PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2014, 09:15
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATNotts

Assuming you are in Nottingham , you are by MAGs own figures "IN" the Manchester catchment area.

I think in this one line you sum up exactly the job of the airport company "to maximise it's revenue stream"

Absolutely which bit did you not read that stipulated this ?

Manchester Airport's management is not there to promote tourism, nor is it there to promote commerce in the Northwest. There are bodies, such as the tourism organisations and chambers of commerce along with politicians that do that.

So what you are actually saying is that it should work in isolation, well some evidence suggest it does !

It isn't the total picture granted.... BUT it is fragmented !

The Manchester China Forum has some heavyweight players MAG is definitely leading the charge here, but many tourist organisations by way of example are missing, is that not trade, there membership should be a given, should it not, many of the Norths major hotel chains are also missing !

I could name many many others .....

The India forum last week 40 plus organisations from the NWest but no reference to Manchester Airport actually being there, maybe they were but there profile was hardly prominent....

....maybe we trade with India by using taxi or even train as opposed to plane ?

It is however there to offer it's wares (the airport and it's facilities) to it's customers (the airlines) so it will primarily be employing sales sales and marketing efforts to these areas - something it does really well in my opinion!

IT DOES, I have said as much on numerous occasions !

"It doesn't matter how often you repeat the same opinions ...."

I was referencing the advert by way of strategy, I was merely stating whether this position was all encompassing ?

The focus here is very much on one area as evidenced by this advert, in fairness I did ask whether this is one position specifically aimed at looking after Lo cost / charter?

I then inquired as to whether there is another looking after scheduled.....

It is not regurgitating the same old it is in my view a valid observation based on new information ie an advert stating a very specific strategy !

If the position is looking after one channel then great.

If the focus excludes sched passengers and more specifically long haul it is a legitimate concern !

Last edited by Bagso; 12th Aug 2014 at 09:25.