PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2014, 09:44
Boris1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhhh, the infamous 'I have very little sources that i am not at liberty to divulge'

So you have none then.

This is what really makes NCL stand out from other airports, spotters thinking they know what will happen, when it will happen etc.

NYC - NCL are doing nothing at the moment to pursue any form of NCL-NYC route, make of that what you like, but from my point of view, they've realised its a dead end and have moved on. A US Airline will not even contemplate starting a flight into NCL unless they are assured it will earn them a heap load of money, otherwise the operating costs will make it utterly pointless.

EK (AGAIN!!) We've all seen the news paper reports saying they want to add a second flight bla bla bla bla. WANT and WILL are 2 different things, and i quote from said article

'There are lots of ifs and buts, and it isn’t guaranteed, but if we continue to have months like March we could see the introduction of double daily flights within a few years.'

So, i would love to know where this whole 'EK WILL add a second flight' is coming from, because i have just read the words 'IF and COULD'

NCL will never be the long haul stronghold some people expect it to be. It has been said many a time, there are to many gaps in the European market at NCL, that should take priority, not long haul routes left right and centre, and where will all of these huge planes go? Seeing as though only a few stands are capable of handling such big aircraft.