PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2014, 08:31
JonnyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

You've quoted on your article "I say this on confidence". But surely confidence doesn't make anything you say actually true? Where have you got this information, factually?

At the moment, you say in 10 years time we will have an EK double daily route. Where do you base the confident information from? We have got a decent passenger numbers but there's not huge growth at NCL. Why would we all of a sudden be able to get an extra 300 passengers per day from? It's not like the summer leisure market, people from EDI and GLA won't travel down to take some of our cheaper flights like they do for holidays in the scottish school holidays. So I ask you where does this estimated extra growth of passengers come from because a lot of would be passengers have EK flights from there local airports.

Perhaps KIN could happen with TOM long haul but there's other destinations that if TOM got the choice to choose from out of their current long haul market they would choose from.

In regards to other carriers starting up other operations on a direct basis to NYC, IST etc. I don't think this is going to happen. As many, many people have said there's no need to have this. We have the NCL-DXB, NCL-LHR and NCL-AMS to connect passengers and people are happy to do that. One of the only logical routes would be a NCL-MAD, that would give passengers extra options to connect to even more long haul destinations at a more competitive price.

I don't feel the need to reply to anything else. In all due respect, I completely appreciate and respect your opinions and views but I do think your post and saying your confident of those views is ridiculous. Nobody knows what will happen next year never mind 10 years!