PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2014, 06:32
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like I need to say this:

I've never come across so much animosity between different people who all have the same interest, just because you prefer the boring side of the hobby doesn't mean you should be able to look down on those of us who like the exciting side. I justify this because I prefer going out spotting (SHOCK HORROR!!!), flying aircraft that I am personally fond of/that are my last chance to fly on, thinking about (often very optimistic) ideas for airlines and airports I have a personal liking for, and observing how my favourite airlines and airports are doing AND NOT sitting around all day, thinking about why routes CAN'T work, why they AREN'T feasible and why airports like Newcastle SHOULDN'T have the services they do.

In the same breath I reiterate:
Emirates will continue to expand at Newcastle and we will end up with more than 1 daily flight, be it 10 weekly or 2 daily.

New York will happen on a scheduled basis at some point, with some airline.

We will see at least one large global played from the Middle east/Asia region, be it TK, EY, QR

Some Long haul will start to make a comeback, lets see how TOM do with Jamaica coming up.

But also, NCL's 2 undeniably most "faithful"/"stable" airlines, BA and KLM will continue to stay strong and hopefully we might see something more from them, I do hope they get some competition to bring costs down a bit, but with EZY, KLM have shown they can more than face up to it. AF have also been faithful to NCL but compared to when EZY was on the route the fares are extortionate, and LH is quite disappointing to be honest. EI and SK, I'm sure they will both be sticking around this time.

And finally, I find this one more tentative than all the rest, I HOPE that NCL will see more services on the leisure front. EZY have been the only ones to stay pretty much the same in terms of seats offered, whereas TCX, TOM and now LS are all reducing seat count by using smaller aircraft (LS slightly evened out by the addition of an extra aircraft). But I hope maybe for 2016 LS could add another 738 or 752 which in turn could encourage expansion from TOM or TCX whether it is a new aircraft, replacing the leased A320 with their own A321 or leased A321, or getting in other airlines to operate flights for them. This is the one that could go either way but I think after 3 years of decline, now that the airlines have increased their yields new services and expansion should be more attractive to them.

I say this all in confidence, I know 95% of you wont agree and will have a field day picking up on everything that is wrong that this post (in your opinion of course), but I'll be sure to refer back to it in 5 years or more to show I and others have proven you wrong.

Thank you, good day and I am sure you all now know exactly where I stand.