PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2014, 04:28
VH-Cheer Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would seem that the number one and only priority for any CEO of a listed company is shareholder value. Is it because their remuneration is typically tied to such
That's not such a problem really. The only way to maximise long-term shareholder value (by long term I mean sustainably), i.e. to keep giving them good returns) is to provide a strong value proposition to customers. That means quality service, reliability, good value for money, clean comfortable aircraft, good schedule - the list goes on.

And the only way to deliver that value proposition SUSTAINABLY is to have a happy, motivated, dare I say "engaged" workforce.

All this hairy chested union bashing, personal agenda stuff is just so much BS. Herb Keleher (and Jan Carlzon at SAS a decade before him) had the philosophy that if you aren't serving a customer, you had better be serving someone who is. And doing it well, I might add. Both gentlemen created huge value for shareholders, thrilled a flying public, and I don't think they had too many staff upset at them.

Where are managers of this calibre when we need them here?