PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2014, 03:10
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rum ain't it..

Just copy and paste the OEM post; then it can be disappeared for ever and no harm done. I thought it was just OEM playing at silly buggers, thx Tailwheel.

(Rumour 17) - Tigerair Gave Captain 2 hours to deliver 3 sick notes which is not required until retuning to work then sacked him.
Is it possible to obtain further 'broad' information related to rumour 17; just an outline? It's just that three 'sick notes' seems to be a lot, unless it was an extended illness or 'stress relief' (which is understandable). Honourable folk, who want shut of a pilot, build a supported case first, then explain that services are no longer required, why that is so and offer the option of resignation. Should there be a dispute then mediation first, the courts a poor second are available.

DJ-Apooh? "your IP address can easily be traced by any half stupid IT department. I should know - an ex employer once gave me a 'cease and desist' 'chat' ".
But why, in an almost free country should your 'employer' feel a need to trace your IP address? you are not committing a criminal offence by having one, even if it's used to express your opinion, on your own equipment, in your own time on Pprune. Conversely, why would you need to give a toss if 'they' have it. 'They' have your home address, passport number, bank details, name of dependents, name of partner, email address, land and mobile telephone number, ASIC details and hat size: all freely given, without a shred of fear. Even if 'they' think they know who you are on Pprune, so what; who's to say it was 'you' tapping away at 'that' keyboard and even if it is; so what??.

Perhaps the really scary part is when you are able to be and 'they' believe they can, bluff you into a subservient position with the innuendo that the 'system' can and will be used against you; by fair means of foul, should the boat be rocked. Can an employer do that, with complete immunity? I think not..

Should any of you be unfortunate enough to work for a company that does not, by nature, act honourably, then it's time for you pay your money and take your chances with the rest and pray your union (association) has got the right boots on; before the match starts. VIPA seem run a good shop as does AIPA, not sure if the TWU accepts 'aircrew'.

I would like to draw your attention to the CVD issue based thread (Petition to Truss) which, like Topsy is expanding to encompass general medical matters and the way Avmed is currently being run. One of the many, many AAT cases examined there is very pertinent (IMO) to the current Tiger puzzle.

Last edited by Kharon; 11th Aug 2014 at 03:19. Reason: Something about haste and speed – I forget....