PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Owner Operating Costs?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 22:47
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CK, I was having a bit of a laugh, and in a sense getting the debate going. Obviously it succeeded.

Look, horses for courses. I have the luxury of being able to fly an L4 Cub, permit, my Bonanza, on N reg, because frankly, no one in CAA land could maintain it properly, and I fly a number of other mixed types, between permit and CofA.

The OP questioned ownership costs, and the old, how long is a piece of string, comes in. The mission question, is a correct question, because, I missed LAA permit type flying, when I flew larger, more complex types. Hence, my Cub flying, getting back to strip flying, and bimbling about. Any type of flying has to be good, and if the individual gets out of it, what his current requirement is, then great. If it costs 2 bob an hour, super, if it costs 500.00 quid an hour, then so be it.

My Bonanza makes no sense financially. I realize that. But so what. I love it. If it were to go tomorrow, and I was left flying the Cub, great. I have saved myself some dough, but I would miss flying it.

Getting into flying has to be budget led, but some great flying can be had, whether LAA, or Cof A.

Anyway, I lost my hair years ago, so the LAA types would be of no use to me....