PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 21:20
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HH6702: Who are easyJet? Well they were until very recently NCLs biggest airline in terms of passenger numbers. That may or may not be the case now but if not they are still a very significant player at NCL. They may not add weird and wonderful destinations nor are they sexy but they provide regular and reliable service to popular routes and don't shut down in winter (like some). They also provide sustainable employment for many local people not to mention the supply at chain. Again - year round and that's how they support the North East. It's all well and good having all these destinations but if the airlines(s) that fly them practically shut down in winter then it ain't all that good is it? The 'others' have cabin crew of 5/6 month contracts and pilots on 70% contracts. EZY have mainly full time permanent crew with a few 10 month cabin crew and a few part time pilots (read one or two).

As for pricing like all airlines they use dynamic pricing based on supply and demand and fare bucketing. I know where this is going - a big conspiracy whereby they charge cheap fares outbound (the fares they advertise) but hammer you in the return is utter nonsense. Particularly if you're looking at half term or any times where there are spikes in demand. Go on any airline and you will find EXACTLY the same.

If you've been looking at EZY flights over the next few weeks and there's nothing available then it's a good sign that flights are full. After all it's the summer holidays and it's pretty last minute. Of course the flights are going to be full. Interestingly I just looked on the website and found four/five night holidays to Malaga, Faro and Malta all for the £200-250 range. Not too bad for a fairly late booking at the busiest time of year.

I'm off to AGP in November on TOM which is part of a package. Looked at holiday only and getting my own flights there and EZY were £35 cheaper return full price if I was to buy a flight only. But doing so would mean the holiday only (without flight) would be more expensive and not worth it. And hence I'm going TOM. But the actual flights are cheaper with EZY. And the onboard experience is exactly the same.

Last edited by fa2fi; 8th Aug 2014 at 21:49.