PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian and arab passengers !!
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2003, 22:20
homesick rae
Aluminum Tubing Inspector
Aluminum Tubing Inspector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richie Rich

Thanks for your comments and an excellent post.

A flight I operated on to DAC from the gulf will always be in my memory as we had a Bengali pax who had heart problems and "died" on us. Myself and a Doctor onboard, cardiologist studying in the UK, brought this pax back to life. The poor chap was able to leave the aircraft in a wheel chair, but sad to say that local authorities told him just to go home and rest!

We had no bengali speaker on board but we spoke to him in English, Hindi, Arabic and Urdu and he understood to go straight to the hospital.

The pax was crying and wanted us to take him back with us, which of course we sadly couldn't do.

The teamwork and attitude of the crew concerned was wonderful and, like you say, it is great to see these pax treated with some respect!

Rso man:

TRV is wonderful and the people a joy to behold! I understand the many languages involved in your country and often we have to rely on a fellow pax to translate for us.

I learnt so much from the pax from the sub continent just from filling in their immigration forms for them. And, in support of your latest post, some were graduates who could not get any work in their country.

Respect again to you and Richie Rich