PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Owner Operating Costs?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 09:02
Rod1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“For the now typical sunshine sunday traffic pattern hopper with occasional 15min flights to the next coffee field a LSA is totally sufficient. Even long flights are possible - if you have a friend flying alongside with a certified plane taking all the luggage “

Odd – I just got back from a week touring France (visiting the RSA etc) 2 up with bags no problem. Been doing it for years. Generally fly 2 hour legs at around 130kn, but could extend that out to over 3 hours with reserves if required.

“I'm not sure about the Dutch regulations of running a permit Rotax on condition. Certified Rotax engines are not allowed to run on condition here, I assumed that would also hold for permit, but assumptions are the mother of all f*ck ups, so I could be wrong on that one.”

Under LAA rules you are.

“I don't own an aircraft yet,”

I would recommend you look for a share and learn the ropes before going it alone.

“What if my assumption is correct and I can't run a permit Rotax on condition, but it's allowed in the UK. Could I keep a permit plane on G registry, and do maintenance here (probably mostly by a part M and some other letters I can't remember (F/G/?) who can sign off stuff). Or would I need to visit the UK every year for that? “

Almost certainly not allowed to do this. TBO on Rotax 912 / 912s etc is 2000h.

If anybody in interested in real numbers you will notice that Mariner9 and I are quoting similar numbers. We have different aircraft but the same engine and similar performance. Both our actual aircraft have also been flight tested by Flyer and have appeared in the mag

Rod1