PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Owner Operating Costs?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 08:31
Pirke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure about the Dutch regulations of running a permit Rotax on condition. Certified Rotax engines are not allowed to run on condition here, I assumed that would also hold for permit, but assumptions are the mother of all f*ck ups, so I could be wrong on that one

I don't own an aircraft yet, I'm still looking for one in a good state that matches my needs and budget. The fuel prices are higher in The Netherlands than almost everywhere else. Hangar fees also. The other costs (including maintenance) were based on information from many different people. Note that I don't have the time or skill to do all my own maintenance due to a busy job and family, so that'll increase the maintenance bill compared to your £500.

What if my assumption is correct and I can't run a permit Rotax on condition, but it's allowed in the UK. Could I keep a permit plane on G registry, and do maintenance here (probably mostly by a part M and some other letters I can't remember (F/G/?) who can sign off stuff). Or would I need to visit the UK every year for that?