PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankstown Airport Figures an Example of Aviation Decline
Old 8th Aug 2014, 03:31
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Dick every industry in Australia is labouring under the same buden of over-regulation and over-governance. The "user pays" philosophy introduced in the 1990's hasn't helped and certain high-profile individuals have done very little to unite the industry.

Singling out airline pilots and IFR pilots as the bad guys in your Airspace re-arrangement destroyed the relationship between AOPA and the industry.

You could do a lot of good by assisting the industry (I am thinking RAAA and AOPA collaboration) and being the front-man for a public awareness campaign highlighting the importance of GA as an industry, the importance of aviation infrastructure and of government support.

Unlike any other person in the Aviation industry (except perhaps Richard Discrepancy) you still have a high public profile and public support. Without public awareness and support the Aviation industry will wither and die.

If you could help create public awareness and support it will be a massive boost to the industry. I will support you in such a project. You know where I am - please call any time to discuss.

Cheers