PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wheels up - Go Around!
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2003, 19:56
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apology to BIK116.8

Well, I'm sure most people don't care, but after much digging have finally got some answers. It took a while, however.....

I'm glad that
But I fail to understand why I would need or desire an apology from someone who’s opinion matters so little to me.
that way this apology will fall on deaf ears.

I apologise unreservedly to BIK116.8 for implying that he may have been untruthful in alleging he thought he saw an A320 go around wheels up. This was partly fuelled by my mistaken belief that he was saying he saw this in oz (this being the D&G forum etc.). He then, despite being asked, refused to divulge the location (without any plausable explanation), and I mistakenly checked sources around oz to find out the facts surrounding the incident. Having been unable to find even a hint of it, (wasting peoples time), I insinuated he was making it up.

It now appears that he did not make it up, he just failed to check any further on what he thought he saw. What a shame. Because if he had, like I did, he would have worked out that things were not as advertised. I guess it's just easier to hang 5hit on the other crew, right BIK116.8? Indicitive really, of the criticism I (and others) had levelled at him.

You have demonstrated a propensity for tenacious, dogged and confrontational debate and I have no doubt that you will be able to continue in that style here.
You are dead right there, buddy.

The crew in the aircraft following postulated that the A320 had already initiated a go around (due to the unacceptable cross-wind), but before reporting doing so to the tower, the tower ordered the (already going around) A320 to go around.
(See UK CAA Occurrence List, October 2002 and the thread on pprune). That didn't even enter your head, did it? Your version is a much better story.

So now, Mr McNeil, we can let this thread die. Thanks to all those that helped (you know who you are), and to all those who didn't.... I'm beyond expecting much else.