PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2014, 22:28
paistepst5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Monarch Fleet Expansion

Hi all. I am going to make this very short and simple. Even though I don't believe it has been completely finalised yet, it has been known for some time that Monarch were looking at ordering some 737-max aircraft for their fleet expansion. Can someone please explain what the heck Monarch were thinking of and why they see this as a fleet development? I mean why wouldn't they go for a320neo's or the new cseries jets? Surely in terms of price, technology, cost per seat and per nm and in terms of appeal these aircraft win? They say they want to separate themselves from the likes of Ryanair and yet they then go and get very similar aircraft to Ryanair. What is it with them. Am I the only person who sees this as a step back and not a step forward? I was interested in being a pilot for Monarch but I detest most Boeings (apart from 747-8, 777 and 767) the way they look and fly and their cockpits are in my opinion decades behind the airbus'. I understand many will say Boeings are for 'real pilots' and airbus' are for flying PC engineers but I just think that if you are gonna sit their flying, monitoring, doing paperwork and radios etc for many hours its better to have a nice environment than a horrid one. I am sorry to say it because I really liked Monarch as an airline but because of this and Iain Rawlinson stepping down I am rather disappointed in the airline and actually saddened by this. I just don't understand. Is there anything which the Boeing 737-max aircraft actually do better or cheaper than their competitors?